1

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Grey Days










VS Grey V-Neck Sweater (on sale for less than $15!) / eShakti Grey Floral Print Skirt c/o (get 15% with code "morethanextraordinary") / Target Ankle Strap Heels (similar here and here) / Double Pearl Drop Earrings / Target Oversized Watch


Happy Saturday! Ending the week on a neutral note with this all grey look. A few weeks ago I mentioned in this post that a prevailing trend for Fall would be Grey. I love my neutral tones and have always loved the simplicity of a monochromatic look, but the floral print and small black details in this customizable eShakti skirt break up the look nicely to keep it from being too boring. What I love especially about this look is that although I took it on a more glam route, it could easily take on an understated appeal with some sneakers, a baseball cap, and a thin cross-body bag. This way, it can take you from day to night and you won't have to sacrifice comfort to look cute or stylish - talk about a win-win!


xoxo

11 comments:

  1. Such a timeless look. Love how the pattern in the skirt helps break up the look! It looks like it would go with everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna! Funny you should mention the fact that it goes with everything, because it really does! I'm even featuring it again next week, so keep your eyes open for it!

      Delete
  2. Shelby, thanks for sharing your blog post I love that you styled your cute grey top with the floral pencil skirt. Pencil skirts are one of my favorites. Happy to find your blog!! I love meeting bloggers that are new to me :) Have a great weekend

    xo,

    Angela

    www.prettyinherpearls.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're becoming a favorite of mine too now! Glad you like it, Angela!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful look, you look darling & I absolutely love love the skirt!!

    www.blondeincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been pinning all kinds of looks that feature grey sweatshirts and skirts on pinterest but have yet to really pull this off. I think I'm missing the perfect skirt, but your eShakti customized option is to die for!

    I love this and I'm so glad you've joined the #reasonstodress linkup, I hope you'll be there tomorrow too ! BTW today is the last day to join the giveaway for a $600 Italian leather belt, hand colored and braided ...it would look fab on you!

    Angie from reasons to dress

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I am Isabel and i am 17 years old! My blog is, Classic and Crippled and I love your outfit especially the skirt. you look gorgeous!
    classicandcrippled.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I can't get over the print on that skirt! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute look! I love the floral skirt! XO

    Anna
    alilyloveaffair.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a gorgeous outfit!! I especially love the stunning skirt ;) you look great!! <3

    New post on GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    GOOGLE + || BLOGLOVIN || FACEBOOK || INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your skirt! It's so chic!

    - Deniz
    www.dressedupdeniz.com

    ReplyDelete